Reflective Teaching Practices
Reflection is normally reserved as a term to help teachers become better practitioners. TESOL Trainers, Inc. provides the tools to not only help teachers inform and transform™ their teaching practices but also gives teachers strategies and techniques to help their students become fully aware of their own learning and fully capable of sharing what is helping and hindering their success.
The main goal of this theme is to provide teachers and institutions with the necessary seeds to plant systemic change and the tools to care for them as they grow, adapt, and expand across the curriculum.
Educational institutions spend a lot of resources on providing professional development to their teaching staff, yet only a small percentage of teachers actually adopt the content of these trainings into their classrooms.
Giving teachers the tools they need to become reflective teachers is more than explaining its benefits. Like students, teachers too need to be scaffolded into success.
Participants who attend a workshop on the Principles of Reflective Teaching can expect to:
- Refine their understanding of the role reflection plays in teaching and in learning.
- Understand the Experiential Learning Cycle (ELC), the process and its components.
- Develop the ability to use the ELC as a vehicle for informing and transforming™ one`s practice.
- Build the awareness and the tools to notice what helps and hinders learning.
- Gain strategies and techniques for promoting reflection within students.
- Acquire strategies for observing one`s own teaching and peer`s teaching.
- Enhance one`s ability to give and receive feedback in a constructive manner.
Please Contact us for detailed information on how we can help your educational institution set all teachers and learners up for success.
Learn all about SIOP with The SIOP Trainer