Math Key Word Hunt
1. Doug had 5 dollars in his piggy bank. His father gave him 3 dollars for mowing the lawn. His mother gave him 2 dollars for helping with the laundry. What was the sum of all of his money?
2. The fourth graders are having a robot-building contest. There will be 9 teams and each team will have 8 students. What’s the total number of fourth graders who will be in the contest?
3. Ashley has the lead role in the school play. She had to learn 120 lines before opening night. Ashley learns her lines in 10 days. How many lines did Ashley learn every day?
4. Ella can play 64 songs on the piano. Lexi can only play 35 songs on the piano. How many more songs can Ella play?
5. Last year, the town of Agua Fria has 487 residents. This year, the population increased by 138 people. How many residents live in Agua Fria?
6. Sally has 5 tickets and Billy has 3 times as many as she does. How many tickets does Billy have?
7. Troy read an exciting detective book. The book has 184 pages. Troy read the book in 8 days. On average, how many pages did Troy read daily?
8. Skylar had 48 water balloons in her bucket. She gave 32 of her water balloons to her best friend. How many water balloons were left in Skylar’s bucket?