Reflective Teaching Practices is more than just thinking about what happened
Reflection is normally reserved as a term to help teachers become better practitioners. TESOL Trainers, Inc. provides the tools to not only help teachers inform and transform™ their teaching practices but also gives teachers strategies and techniques to help their students become fully aware of their own learning and fully capable of sharing what is helping and hindering their success.
Thinking about a lesson you just taught does not automatically mean the next lesson will be better. Change is rarely that easy.
The main goal of this theme is to provide teachers and institutions with the necessary seeds to plant systemic change and the tools to care for them as they grow, adapt, and expand across the curriculum. Giving teachers the tools they need to become reflective teachers is more than explaining the benefits of reflection. Like students, teachers too need to be scaffolded into success.
We assume that everyone knows how to reflect on teaching and learning and what to do after they reflect in order to make positive changes. Research indicates this is not the case. Teacher need the KASA (Knowledge, Attitude, Skills, Awareness) to be effective reflective practitioners. TESOL Trainers can give teachers these skills
Teachers don't encourage "shot in the dark" learning nor should they rely on this kind of approach to their skills development.
TESOL Trainers offers powerful reflective tools that transform teaching & learning.
Participants who attend a workshop on the Principles of Reflective Teaching can expect to:
- Refine their understanding of the role reflection plays in teaching and in learning.
- Understand the Experiential Learning Cycle (ELC), the process and its components.
- Develop the ability to use the ELC as a vehicle for informing and transforming™ one`s practice.
- Build the awareness and the tools to notice what helps and hinders learning.
- Gain strategies and techniques for promoting reflection within students.
- Acquire strategies for observing one`s own teaching and peer`s teaching.
- Enhance one`s ability to give and receive feedback in a constructive manner.
Please Contact us for detailed information on how we can help your educational institution set all teachers and learners up for success.