2-Day English Learner Institute: April 20-21
2-Day Virtual English Learner Institute: April 20-21, 2023. 9:00am-3:30pm.
This is a powerful means of supporting all students, especially the English Learners. It is a highly interactive and inspiring look at TESOL strategies and techniques that all teachers can implement with low-no preparation.
Hundreds of K-12 educators say it's "the best PD ever" and have given this course 5 stars. "the trainer was superb." is one of the most common phrases on Google reviews.
This virtual course is a 100% participant-centered experience that uses model lessons and practical strategies that work. Participants walk away with:
- Practical strategies to engage all students in meaningful ways
- Step-by-step plan to scaffold any lesson for any learner
- Techniques to boost metacognition
- Strategies to make vocabulary acquisition efficient and effective
- Tools to create active listeners
- Tips and tools that maximize learning opportunities
- Approaches to promoting meaningful student to student interactions
- Techniques to build background and connect students to the lesson
- Strategies to boost learner confidence and competence
- Research-based actions that promote teacher change
- Tips on how to augment learner responsibility and autonomy
- And much more!!!
The results are transformative and tangible. All participants will leave the PD inspired to implement this content in their classrooms.
The cost is $425.00 per person.
For Purchase orders, please visit the PO Request Page.
Principles and Practices of TESOL
Through a series of model lessons and interactive experiences participants will discover:
- Challenges English learners and their teachers face in the content-area classroom.
- Seven TESOL strategies that set all students up for success.
- Techniques to show and tell
- Ways to make content comprehensible
- Strategies to integrate the four domains of language
- The principles of recycling language and content
- Techniques that maximize student learning opporunities
- Ways to scaffold learning
- Strategies to engage students 90-100% of the time
- The role fun plays in teaching and in learning
This PD is perfect for any K-12 teacher, administrator, or instructional coach who wants to better comprehend what TESOL strategies are and how they can support English learners in the K-12 classroom.
Remote Seminar Dates
- Jan 24, 2022 - Sold Out
- Feb 22, 2022 - Sold Out
- March 24, 2022
- April 21, 2022