1-day English Learner Institute June 5
1-Day Virtual English Learner Institute: June 5, 2023. 9:00am-3:30pm EST
This is a powerful means of mastering sheltered instruction. The day is packed with strategies, techniques, and tips. It is a highly interactive and inspiring look at how all students can be set up for success.
Hundreds of teachers say it's "the best PD ever" and have given this course 5 stars.
This virtual course is a 100% participant-centered experience that uses model lessons and practical strategies that work. Here are a few things they’ll get out of it:
- Practical strategies to engage all students all of the time in meaningful ways
- Step-by-step plan to scaffold any lesson for any learner
- Techniques to boost metacognition
- Strategies to make vocabulary acquisition efficient and effective
- Tools to create active listeners
- Tips and tools that maximize learning opportunities
- Approaches to promoting meaningful student to student interactions
- Research-based actions that promote teacher change
- And much more!!!
The results are transformative and tangible. All participants will leave the PD inspired to implement this content in their classrooms.
The cost is $250.00 per person.
For Purchase orders, please visit the PO Request Page.
The Principles and Practices of Teaching Vocabulary
- Understand the four components of vocabulary
- Develop 15 strategies to help students interact with vocabulary in meaningful ways
- Boost student confidence by supporting student pronunciation of words and phrases
- Increase the opportunities that students get to use vocabulary terms
- Gain 8 strategies of teaching vocabulary to students
- Understand the connection that oral language development has with vocabulary development
- Help students assess their own vocabulary usage and understanding
- Develop techniques that help teachers design and delivery lessons that have a clear vocabulary focus
- Move students from vocabulary renters to vocabulary owners