1-day English Learner Institute May 11 Pacific Coast Time
1-Day Virtual English Learner Institute. May 11, 2023 (PST).
For those who have taken our English Learner Institute I (above) and would like even more, this new program is perfect! During this full-day course (9:00am-3:30pm), participants deepen their understanding of the TESOL Strategies and SIOP Techniques. In fact, here is what participants will be able to do:
- Understand how awareness impacts learning and mastery.
- Note how the SIOP framework supports all learners, especially English Learners.
- Encourage learner responsibility and autonomy with 3 practical strategies.
- Increase vocabulary development with student-to-student interactions.
- Integrate the four domains of language in meaningful ways.
- Develop student listening skills with active listening strategies.
- Maximize opportunities students have to interact with the language, the content, and one another.
- Promote metacognition with 4 metacognitive strategies.
- Use the principles of scaffolding to improve student writing.
- Engage students 90-100% of the time.
- Determine 4 concrete ways the content of the PD will be integrated into participant contexts.
In addition to the score of strategies and techniques, participants walk away with a clear idea of how to implement the content of the PD in their contexts.
The results are transformative and tangible. All participants will leave the PD inspired to implement this content in their classrooms.
The cost is $250.00 USD per person.
For Purchase orders, please visit the PO Request Page.